Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our quite long email thread

Hong Chuang
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Hi Gina,
Thank for the effort to consolidate our contact information. I did not receive your previous email which means you entered my email wrongly. :-)
Hi all,
Thank for being a great team member in this trip. Lucky we are all around 25 years old and below so that we can bond well and understand one another better. :-)
A quick update for myself. Many of you may have known that I supposed to have a business trip to Malaysia yesterday night. However, I have cancelled it as it was not necessary. But unfortunately I was not sure why I got a very bad infection in my kneecap after getting off the plane. I could not walk properly and visited the doctor and was given 3 days MC. The doctor advice me that if the kneecap get reddish and fever occur, I need to go to the Accident and Emergency immediately. This is the second time I got the hit in 2 months. Fortunately after having the medication, it is better today though I am still limping quite a bit. You may envy that I have 3 days of MC but the fact is that I am right at work! :-( Just too many things piled up from the past few weeks. However, it was worth going for the trip and and knowing all of you. Do keep in touch!
By the way, is this consider BLOG? Wa ha ha.....
Best regards,
Hong Chuang






Joyce
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hi!!
This is going to be a thread of long emails very soon if everyone replies muahahaha. Take care hong chuang!
And oh, are we starting up some place to put up our entries for the notebook or the photos? I just handed my photos and part of elim's over to shi may today.. how should we consolidate the rest of the photos?
Elim mentioned http://www.ammado.com/Home.lnk for putting up photos I think.
Take care everyone!
Cheers
Joyce






Jieyim
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:03 PM


Hey Guys!!!

haha, so to make sure that this thread gets really long, here is my reply. I went to get Erick's CD today from Sembawang today. Anyone needs help in getting it, can contact me. C=
Jie Yim C=
D.I.Y.






Gina
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Wow!! You're on the ball, girl! Haha. That's to Jie Ying. Alright, JY and I will go and search for the album later~ So excited. Lol.
I'm also wondering how we can circulate the photos. Either we upload on Facebook and tag each other or we upload to ammado/flickr. How? I need all your photos! 'Cause I didn't take much myself. :X
Hong Chuang: Please take lotsa care~ Maybe you somersaulted too much. :P Hmmm, and actually we can set up a blog too! But don't know how many people will take the effort to update regularly. I, for one, am super lazy when it comes to updating a blog. Oh yeah, my blog url is http://swtdream.livejournal.com if any of you are interested to know. :)
Love,
Gina






Joyce
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM


I think those with not a lot of photos can just send by email or something to Rena? Since she's doing the final compiling!


Well maybe we can have a super fast after-trip gathering to get the rest of the photos :x Have no idea lah!!


Speaking of Sembawang, I just went to Tampines Central today and realized the Sembawang there is gone.. (since don't know when thou).


Will be uploading more photos to facebook soon!!! (will the rest just get a facebook acct so that I can tag everyone? LOL!)


p.s. Gina, that shot is really NOT unglam!!!!!


Cheers
Joyce


Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:18 PM


*edits: my reply email was just sent to gina -.- so gina pls ignore the other reply which is the same!!


**edits: just read angeline's final debrief and oh to update on the eye, I went for a follow up this morning (65 bucks gone ): ) and I STILL HAVE TO GO BACK!!! Doc says something about a few bubbles on the surface of the eye which I can't exactly understand and says I have to put some ointment for the next 6 weeks.. Other than that I'm pretty much fine.. He said if I don't agitate the eye it will be fine..






Jieyim
Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM


Hey guys,

i found this pic on some Webbie. haha. maybe ur can try to google for more. haha. it is the last pose for Erick's last song. C=
Jie Yim C=
D.I.Y.






Mira
Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:02 PM


ol take care hong chuan and joyce! the rest of you as well! i'll post the video i have of erick singing on facebook or wat soon.. jie yim is the cd good? haha i was thinking of getting erick's cd too! lets wipe out the remaining ones he has hahaha then he has to treat us dinner in return! lol..

I've joined the alumni of china asean youth group on facebook.. the rest of u can add me at lohhuimin@gmail.com for facebook and lohhuimin@hotmail.com for msn! look forward to seeing u all again soon! cheers!!!! ;)

--
Regards,
Mira Loh Hui Min







HongChuang
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:38 AM


Hi all,


How are you? It has been a while we have not heard from one another as a group. Some of you seems totally disappeared, :-) while some of you were busy discussing HUNGRILA concept, some were on vacation, some were busy chasing revenue and some were like me work and work and work.


Anyway, I would like to thank you for your well wishes via email, SMS and phone call. Just to update, I have recovered from my "injury" and I am able to walk normally even though I still feel hurt on the spot if I press on it. Indeed yesterday night I went for a 2.4km run and it went well. Having said that, I can "FLY" again... Ha ha ha....


O, by the way, Angeline wrote a very good article regarding the China-ASEAN Youth Camp published on 5th July 08. The tile is "中国青年准备好了, 我们呢?". In English translation, "China's Youths are Ready and How About Our Youths?" I hope you have a chance to read it.


If you need the hard copy, I can pass it to you. Angeline, you may want to send them the URL as the article was a bit large to scan in as softcopy. If you need any English translation, please make an appointment and I will call you via phone if time permit.


Also I read from previous email that many of you went to purchase Erick's album. How is it? Erick, this also means that I have not gotten your CD yet as I don’t even have time to walk into a CD shop. I am just being honest here. :-)


Best regards,
Hong Chuang






Gina
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:12 AM
Hey Hong Chuang!
Glad to hear that you've sort of recovered! But do take lots of care still~
I didn't managed to read the article 'cause my family don't read nor buy any kinda papers. Hee. So if Angeline could give us the softcopy or URL, it'll be fabulous!
Erick's album was fantastic! Haha. I'm listening to it almost everyday on my iPod. (: Am currently very busy with my club's freshmen orientation camp. >.<>
Love,
Gina






Joyce
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:08 AM


Wah Hong Chuang!


To reply to this email thread at 1.39am.. You must be seriously busy :\ Glad to hear that you're well :]


Googling the news article is relatively easy to find out any url 'coz lots of china news sites have the article! One of them is: http://www.chinanews.com.cn/hr/hwbz/news/2008/07-07/1304428.shtml


Let me put up the original article here and do the translation since I think I'm like, very free :o But my translation skills are not that good huh! Get the basic idea can le lah.. :p


(article in another post)


Phew done. Good night ppl and have a good time reading the article :]


p.s. thanks Gina for the mental support, huh. *lol






Khai
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM


Dear All,

Thank you Joyce for the translation! And Hong Chuang, take good care!


Miss all of you :)

cheers
khai






Cindy
Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:10 AM


Hey All,


Yes. Thanks Joyce for the translation and pasting the article in the thread. Nice article. I can totally imagine Lawrence speaking with his unique accent.


Hong Chuang, great to know that you are back and alive now. =P Was just talking to Rena about you when I was in NYC office last week. We were wondering if you are better now. Please do take care!


And poor Rena..I've been seeing her at her desk, busy doing all the reports.


Hope to catch up at our upcoming gathering! Take care everyone!


Cheers,
Cindy






Lawrence
Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:33 AM
You-know-what...
haha.. it seems like everyone in the group sleeps really late by jsut one look at the time people are replying emaails!
WAHAHA...
Yes, thanks to joyce for the translation! if not, i will take 2 days to read it and imagine next sem i will be doing 2 mods in mandarin in my school! thank God a chinese writing girl is joining my company! haha
HOng chuang! please dont fly too high! haha. we stay so near and yet so far! never even had chance to catch up!
yes life have been kinda busy for me, right after i am back, i a rushing for ISO audit and cool, I have got my ISO~ :P
yes, pls find a date other than 22nd, how can we have junyi without gina?
hungerila! yes!~! who is interested? i have got concept but not enuf manpower to run it! haha... pls call jie yim for more details!
as for now, i want to log off and sleep!
nite all!
lawrence






Hong Chuang
Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:24 AM
 Hi Gina,
Thank. I am a bit jealous that you still able to attend freshmen orientation camp. :-)
Hi all,
I assume you must have received Joyce's email as I am not sure who is in her BCC list. Just in case you don't, I have attached it for your reference. Joyce, your interpretation not bad as I see one para Chinese and one para English even though I did not read them as I know what the article is all about. :-)
So Angeline, is our Youth ready too?
By the way, I heard some of you may have responded in the email but some how I don't get them. Not sure why. May be generation gap! Can forward to me like those after Joyce's email if you still have them....
Also please update some of the happening..... Like some of you have met in in Esplanade don't know do what, some of you have joined new company of one of our entrepreneur, some going for further study like Master in L...something school and so on..... 
By the way, I think with the number of people we had, we can organize a Party. Lawrence, is it true? ha ha ha.....
Best regards,
Hong Chuang

Joyce
Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Game's up!


Time to confess what happened. LOL. Hong Chuang, I accidentally had you off the list when I replied with the article, so I just bcc-ed you with the article while the guys are still in the main thread.. I forgot the fact that replying to all emails from the main thread will mean that you will not receive replies. :\ paiseh!


Anthing, just check http://china-aseanyouthcamp.blogspot.com/2008/07/our-quite-long-email-thread.html this particular post because I update it with fresh emails :]


Is outing set on 25th? Some ppl seems to be fine with 27th as well.. :o


Cheers
Joyce


Angeline
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:24 PM



Hi folks,

How's everyone?

I went to Beijing recently and met up n had dinner with Liu Kai, Yao Zhanhong and Wang Weizhong who are based in Beijing, and also Liao Liyong who happened to be there from Guangxi with a group of volunteers for the Olympics.

Of course I had to ask them about what happened to all the interviews in Guangxi. They said they will try to pass the clippings to me, but well, since some of them were flying of to Pakistan for youth exchange the next day, i guess we have to wait quite a while.

I managed to google a number of articles. Hey, we even appeared in a Thailand chinese newspaper which picked up the story from Guangxi news. Haha...
Anyway, here's the load of articles. Articles are alternated in blue and black colour for easier reading. Sorry all in Chinese. Joyce dear, are you able to help translate???? =P Thank you very much.

Meanwhile, some of our photos can be found on 
http://www.gxcic.net/news/ztbd/showshyj.asp?id=65630
This is a very long article by Mr Lim, who brought us to play fireworks.
(Hong Chuang was quoted in this article too)

OK, whoever's more tech savvy, can someone also pls upload some of these to facebook to share with our ASEAN friends? coz they r quoted in some of the articles too, esp the long article by Mr Lim.

Have fun reading!

Oh, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ELIM!!!!!

There's some birthdays coming up in November. Want to meet up for karaoke again????

:>
Angeline





Joyce
Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM



I'll try!! Am not so free as the last time I translated those articles, but still I can do them slowly =D I'll upload the photos to the album that I've already created!


Cheers
Joyce

::music is the only sensual pleasure without vice ::


Cindy
Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:25 AM

haha..that's a lot to translate..go Joyce!! Thanks Angeline for the articles too. =)
 
To Elim: Happy belated birthday! =D
 
I'm looking forward to the upcoming Karaoke session and to meet everyone again soon. Take care everybody!
 
Cheers,
Cindy


Joyce
Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:01 AM

aha guys! I'm done with one translation.
Will be posting articles there to prevent super duper long emails here :]

And! 

I think there's alot of errors and stuff because I've been doing it when I'm feeling sleepy :s And didn't bother to proofread. So.. Pardon for any mistakes. =D

Cheers
Joyce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

er... can put in larger font and choose a lighter colour background??
old pple like me find it difficult to read.

=P

Joyce said...

hi angeline! u mean for this particular post or in general? i thought generally light fonts with black as a bckgrd is good :s

and! larger font u can actually control using ctrl+mouse 3rd button :]